Sad is such a misnomer for the name. The simple-to-make cake—it takes only 10 minutes to mix up—is sweet, chewy and yummy! —Lori Hanley, Hartsville, South Carolina
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix brown sugar and baking mix. In another bowl, whisk eggs, oil and vanilla until blended. Add to sugar mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in pecans and coconut.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 30-35 minutes or until browned and a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Sad Cake in Taste of Home Recipes Across America 2013, p191
Reviews for Sad Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review