Sacher Torte Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup raspberry, strawberry or apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, cream butter and pudding mix until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Gradually add flour and mix well. Shape dough into 1-1/4-in. balls; roll in sugar.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each ball.
- Bake at 325° for 15-18 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Fill indentations with preserves.
- For glaze, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Drizzle over cookies. Cool completely. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Sacher Torte Cookies(3)
Sort By :
It's my son's favorite cookie and I even use gluten free flour and sugar free pudding mix:)
After reading the previous review, I increased the flavor by substituting 1/4 cup of the flour for 1/4 cup baking cocoa powder. They are real rich tasting. I will make again. Note: Recipe only make about 28 cookies.
this cookie was to bland. my grandkids did not like this cookies and they like anything with chocolate. I thought taste of home test all their recipes? Sorry just was not a very good cookie.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >