Sacher Torte Brownies Recipe
Elevate brownies to a decadent goody by turning them into tasty morsels that are reminiscent of a Sacher Torte.—Pat Schmeling, Germantown, Wisconsin
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped, divided
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 12 dried apricots, quartered
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Line a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan with parchment paper; grease paper.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until blended. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Spread into prepared pan.
- 3. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 15-20 minutes (do not overbake). Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack; cool completely.
- 4. Meanwhile, for topping, melt 1 ounce chocolate in a microwave; stir until smooth. Dip each apricot piece partway in chocolate, allowing excess to drip off; place on waxed paper until set. In a food processor, puree preserves just until smooth.
- 5. Cut brownie into four 7-1/2x5-in. rectangles. Spread preserves over two rectangles; top with remaining rectangles. Freeze, covered, 20 minutes. Cut each portion into 12 squares; cut squares diagonally into triangles.
- 6. Place cream, butter and remaining chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave at 50% power 1-2 minutes or until smooth, stirring twice. Cool slightly, stirring occasionally. Drizzle over brownies. Top with dipped apricots. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 brownie: 145 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Sacher Torte Brownies
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC