- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in vanilla and chocolate
- mixture. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to
- chocolate mixture.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until
- a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not
- overbake). Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire
- rack to cool completely.
- Place preserves in a food processor; cover and process until smooth.
- Cut brownie into four 7-1/2-in. x 5-in. rectangles. Spread preserves
- over two rectangles; top with remaining rectangles. Cover and freeze
- for 20 minutes. Cut each rectangle into 12 squares; cut each square
- diagonally into two triangles.
- For glaze, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate, cream and
- butter. Microwave at 50% power for 1-2 minutes or until smooth,
- stirring twice. Cool slightly, stirring occasionally. Drizzle over
- brownies. Top each with an apricot piece. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 brownie equals 145 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.