S'mores-Dipped Apples Recipe
For me, the taste of marshmallow, graham cracker and apple just can't be beat. Others must think the same thing. Anytime I bring them to a bake sale, they sell out in a flash. —Maria Regakis, Somerville, Massachusetts
- 8 large Granny Smith apples
- 8 wooden pop sticks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) large marshmallows
- 2 cups coarsely crushed graham crackers
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; generously coat waxed paper with cooking spray. Wash and dry apples; remove stems. Insert pop sticks into apples.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add marshmallows; stir until melted. Dip apples, one at a time, into warm marshmallow mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Place on prepared baking sheet and refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes.
- 3. Place graham cracker crumbs in a shallow dish. In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over barely simmering water, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Dip bottom half of apples in chocolate; dip bottoms in cracker crumbs. Place on baking sheet. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 8 servings.
1 dipped apple equals 726 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 143 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC