For me, the taste of marshmallow, graham cracker and apple just can't be beat. Others must think the same thing. Anytime I bring them to a bake sale, they sell out in a flash. —Maria Regakis, Somerville, Massachusetts
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 8 large Granny Smith apples
- 8 wooden pop sticks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) large marshmallows
- 2 cups coarsely crushed graham crackers
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; generously coat waxed paper
- with cooking spray. Wash and dry apples; remove stems. Insert pop
- sticks into apples.
- In a large heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add
- marshmallows; stir until melted. Dip apples, one at a time, into
- warm marshmallow mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Place on
- prepared baking sheet and refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes.
- Place graham cracker crumbs in a shallow dish. In top of a double
- boiler or a metal bowl over barely simmering water, melt chocolate
- chips; stir until smooth. Dip bottom half of apples in chocolate;
- dip bottoms in cracker crumbs. Place on baking sheet. Refrigerate
- until set. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 dipped apple equals 726 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium,