- 3 cups finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix crumbs, melted butter and sugar; press 2-1/3 cups into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with marshmallows and chocolate chips. Top with remaining crumb mixture; press firmly with a spatula.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for S'mores Crumb Bars
"We re-tested this recipe in our test kitchen because of your comments that they were too crumbly. You're right! They are crumbly bars. We took the advice of terrysim and pressed two-thirds of the crumb mixture (2-1/3 cups) into the bottom of the pan and the used the remaining amount on top. Be sure to press firmly before putting in the oven. Also, use finely crushed crumbs - we used 23 full sheets of graham crackers to yield 3 cups of finely crushed crumbs. Just by their nature, these bars will be crumbly as you bite into them and the marshmallow stretches, but they are gooey and delicious. If you don't mind crumbs, just keep a napkin at hand, but if you want to avoid sticky fingers, they're best eaten with a fork. --Peggy Woodward, Food Editor, Taste of Home brands"
"I made these for a party, and they were a hit. People asked for the recipe. I pressed the crumbs well and after baking pressed again and didn't have many crumbs. (I used 2/3 of crumbs for the bottom & 1/3 for the top)."
"I found the crumbs to be too dry and most were left in the pan. Such a waste. But then I used twice as much margarine. After putting half of the crumbs in the pan I baked the crust for about 8 minutes. Then I finished the bars as per the recipe. Much better."
"I made a half batch of these, and they disappeared very quickly. The crumbs make them kind of messy so we ate them with a fork. I followed the directions and pressed the top crumbs into the marshmallow layer very well before and after baking, so maybe that's the way these bars are meant to be."
"Very tastey and easy, but a lot of the crumbs fall off. Maybe more butter?"
"These are amazing! I like them better than real smores, must be all that butter. the only problem is I could eat the whole pan!!!"