S'more Sandwich Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 20 squares)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 24 to 28 large marshmallows
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Place four cookies bottom side up on a microwave-safe plate; top each with a marshmallow. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-15 seconds or until marshmallows begin to puff (do not overcook). Top each with another cookie. Repeat. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for S'more Sandwich Cookies
Sort By :
Instead of microwaving the cookie half with a marshmallow on it to melt, put the cookie halves on a parchment lined baking sheet, add the marshmallow to each half and put back into the oven for a few seconds. It will soften the marshmallow so you can add the second cookie half, but will not soften the base cookie.
Great cookies. Have taken them to a few parties and they were a hit. I did microwave the marshmallows on their own and then put between the cookies. It was a bit messy, but better than getting soggy cookies from microwaving. Otherwise followed the recipe except adding a bit of extra flour as I do with all cookie recipes!
My family LOVED these cookies! I noticed that after I microwaved the bottom cookie with the marshmallow the chocolate started to melt and the cookie got a bit soggy. I figured out that once I place the second cookie on top, if I flipped the sandwich over to cool it helped with the mushiness.
I LOVE this recipe. The cookies are soft and wonderful, and the marshmallow is gooey and sticky. It's everything a great cookie should be! I have made this recipe multiple times, doubling and tripling the recipe, not only does it turn out consistently, but all the cookies disappear!
Wonderful little cookies. Made them for my son and his friends and they LOVED them!