- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 20 squares)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 24 to 28 large marshmallows
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Place four cookies bottom side up on a microwave-safe plate; top each with a marshmallow. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-15 seconds or until marshmallows begin to puff (do not overcook). Top each with another cookie. Repeat. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for S'more Sandwich Cookies
"I always get rave reviews from these cookies. The football team requests them. I cut my large marshmallows in half. Once I added pieces of Hersey bars between the layers. Yum!"
"My sons loved these cookies...will make them again. I also used the oven instead of the microwave, worked great."
"These cookies have been a hit with my boys since I first made them. I've used Golden Graham cereal like another reviewer and my boys like the graham flavor more in them. We also put a bit of chocolate frosting on one cookie before sandwiching with the marshmallow."
"Made these cookies with my daughter yesterday and the flavors were spot on. I used Golden Grahams cereal in lieu of the graham crackers and otherwise followed the recipe. My cookies turned out a little flat so that gooey melt of a fresh baked chocolate chip cookie wasn't quite there for me. The only marshmallows I had on hand were minis, which didn't work out for the sandwich idea, so I wish I had found a way to incorporate them into the cookie while baking it. Overall, the cookies were delicious and I couldn't stop eating them, despite the lack of marshmallow in mine. But I would absolutely make them again - with bigger marshmallows!"
"Like the others, instead of microwaving, I used the oven to heat the marshmallows. After all of the cookies were baked, and just before serving, I set the oven to broil, and I put half of the cookies upside down on a cookie sheet with 3 large marshmallow halves on top of each cookie. I put the cookies with marshmallows under the broiler for just under a minute (watching VERY closely!!) until the marshmallows browned lightly on top. Remove cookies from oven and quickly put another cookie on top of marshmallows and press down lightly. Adults enjoyed with coffee, kids enjoyed with milk. Mmm ... mmm! Just like a real S'more. ;)"
"Instead of microwaving the cookie half with a marshmallow on it to melt, put the cookie halves on a parchment lined baking sheet, add the marshmallow to each half and put back into the oven for a few seconds. It will soften the marshmallow so you can add the second cookie half, but will not soften the base cookie."
"Great cookies. Have taken them to a few parties and they were a hit. I did microwave the marshmallows on their own and then put between the cookies. It was a bit messy, but better than getting soggy cookies from microwaving. Otherwise followed the recipe except adding a bit of extra flour as I do with all cookie recipes!"
"My family LOVED these cookies! I noticed that after I microwaved the bottom cookie with the marshmallow the chocolate started to melt and the cookie got a bit soggy. I figured out that once I place the second cookie on top, if I flipped the sandwich over to cool it helped with the mushiness."
"I LOVE this recipe. The cookies are soft and wonderful, and the marshmallow is gooey and sticky. It's everything a great cookie should be! I have made this recipe multiple times, doubling and tripling the recipe, not only does it turn out consistently, but all the cookies disappear!"
"Wonderful little cookies. Made them for my son and his friends and they LOVED them!"