S'more Jumbo Muffins Recipe
My daughter loves marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate, so I came up with this muffin just for her. My whole family gobbles them up! Each bite reminds us of camping out during the summer with good friends and making s'mores. -Pam Ivbuls, Omaha, Nebraska
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 8 squares)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/4 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Combine egg, buttermilk and oil; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips and 1 cup marshmallows.
- 2. Fill greased jumbo muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with remaining marshmallows. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
1 serving (1 each) equals 429 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 535 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC