S'more Jumbo Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 8 squares)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/4 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Combine egg, buttermilk and oil; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips and 1 cup marshmallows.
- 2. Fill greased jumbo muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with remaining marshmallows. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
1 each: 429 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 535mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for S'more Jumbo Muffins
"Easy and tasty"
"I have made these muffins for years now & they always turn out moist and delicious. One of my girls' favorite muffins. The tops are a little messy/sticky due to the marshmallows, but well worth it! Delicious!"
"I've collected TOH books/magazines since 1996 and have never felt compelled to give a bad review until now. This is a terrible recipe. There is not enough sugar to balance out the bland buttermilk taste of these muffins. I thought that editors tested recipes before publishing them but maybe not. This was a waste of time as these muffins were terribly tasteless and lacking in any significant flavor."
"Oh, so good! I made 12 regular muffins and baked them for 15 minutes. I also made them dairy free by substituting 1-1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice to soy milk to make 1-1/2 cups and using Ghiradelli semi-sweet chips."
"If you don't have buttermilk on hand, you can use 1 1/2 tablespoons of white vinegar, to which has been added milk to make 1 1/2 cups."
"A tasty muffin, very easy preparation. I have made this recipe several times, and everyone enjoys them. I make the muffins standard size instead of jumbo, as I have a large family, and I get 15 muffins each time. I also spray the paper liners with cooking spray, and cool the muffins for at least 10 minutes after baking. I also use mini-chocolate chips. Yes, the marshmallow does melt, and the muffin can be a bit untidy, but I've never met a campfire S'more that wasn't."
"Very nice muffins! They are big! The girls could only eat half. I had 6 jumbo & 6-8 mini muffins. I think next time I will make them regular size. I might add a little cinnamon too."
"I thought they were good..I always read recipe reviews when I need a laugh. Some are so nitpicky they cannot be believed."
"too many marshmallows on top make it messy. Marshmallows inside dissolve and ones on top toast too much, become crunchy and powdery."