- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 8 squares)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/4 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Combine egg, buttermilk and oil; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips and 1 cup marshmallows.
- Fill greased jumbo muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with remaining marshmallows. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
Reviews for S'more Jumbo Muffins
"Easy and tasty"
"I have made these muffins for years now & they always turn out moist and delicious. One of my girls' favorite muffins. The tops are a little messy/sticky due to the marshmallows, but well worth it! Delicious!"
"I've collected TOH books/magazines since 1996 and have never felt compelled to give a bad review until now. This is a terrible recipe. There is not enough sugar to balance out the bland buttermilk taste of these muffins. I thought that editors tested recipes before publishing them but maybe not. This was a waste of time as these muffins were terribly tasteless and lacking in any significant flavor."
"Oh, so good! I made 12 regular muffins and baked them for 15 minutes. I also made them dairy free by substituting 1-1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice to soy milk to make 1-1/2 cups and using Ghiradelli semi-sweet chips."
"If you don't have buttermilk on hand, you can use 1 1/2 tablespoons of white vinegar, to which has been added milk to make 1 1/2 cups."