S'more-Dipped Cherries Recipe
- 2 jars (10 ounces each) maraschino cherries with stems
- 1-1/2 cups marshmallow creme
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2-1/4 teaspoons shortening
- 1. Drain cherries, reserving 1/3 cup juice. Pat cherries dry with paper towels. Pour reserved juice into a small saucepan; stir in marshmallow creme. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Place cracker crumbs in a shallow bowl. Coat each cherry with marshmallow creme mixture; allow excess to drip off. Dip in cracker crumbs. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Partially dip cherries into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Return to baking sheets; refrigerate until set. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 each: 44 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for S'more-Dipped Cherries
"I changed it and used strawberries, I loved the idea, but not a fan of cherries. It was great!"
"Love these! So did my family. I'll be making more for Christmas gatherings!"
"These little delights have eye appeal; it's also delicious and so easy to prepare!"
"First item to go at bake sale. Remember to use the maraschino cherries with stems. (toothpicks work if you pick up wrong jar!)"