S'more-Dipped Cherries Recipe
Dress up any Christmas cookie tray with these cute bites. Dark chocolate chips plus four other ingredients are all you’ll need! —Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:60 servings
- 2 jars (10 ounces each) maraschino cherries with stems
- 1-1/2 cups marshmallow creme
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2-1/4 teaspoons shortening
- 1. Drain cherries, reserving 1/3 cup juice. Pat cherries dry with paper towels. Pour reserved juice into a small saucepan; stir in marshmallow creme. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Place cracker crumbs in a shallow bowl. Coat each cherry with marshmallow creme mixture; allow excess to drip off. Dip in cracker crumbs. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Partially dip cherries into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Return to baking sheets; refrigerate until set. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 dipped cherry equals 44 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC