Dress up any Christmas cookie tray with these cute bites. Dark chocolate chips plus four other ingredients are all you’ll need! —Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
60 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 jars (10 ounces each) maraschino cherries with stems
- 1-1/2 cups marshmallow creme
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2-1/4 teaspoons shortening
- Drain cherries, reserving 1/3 cup juice. Pat cherries dry with paper
- towels. Pour reserved juice into a small saucepan; stir in
- marshmallow creme. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Remove
- from the heat.
- Place cracker crumbs in a shallow bowl. Coat each cherry with
- marshmallow creme mixture; allow excess to drip off. Dip in cracker
- crumbs. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; cover and
- refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until
- smooth. Partially dip cherries into chocolate; allow excess to drip
- off. Return to baking sheets; refrigerate until set. Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 dipped cherry equals 44 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.