S'more Bars Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each)
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping.
- Press remaining mixture into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Place candy bars over crust; spread with marshmallow creme. Crumble remaining graham cracker mixture over top.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for S'more Bars
Sort By :
These were very tasty. As other reviews commented, though, they taste more like a cookie bar. Perhaps changing the name to s'mores cookie bars would be helpful. I feel it would more accurately reflect the rich, doughy texture of the crust. With that said, my kids absolutely loved these. Although they were different from what I expected, they were still delicious.
These bars were so yummy and easy to make. I also decreased sugar and they were still wonderful....as close to a campfire smore as you will get.
I wrote about these bars early on and said they didnt have much of a graham cracker taste but I put them in the fridge since they were a bit sticky and after about 1 day the taste's all melded more together and they had a great graham crackery, chocolate goodness, marshmallowy, great taste!