- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each)
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping.
- Press remaining mixture into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Place candy bars over crust; spread with marshmallow creme. Crumble remaining graham cracker mixture over top.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for S'more Bars
"I've made these multiple times! They are fantastic, and always turn out wonderful!"
"These turned out delicious. I didn't have milk chocolate candy bars but I did have a package of Dove milk chocolate Promises. I opened them up and laid them side by side to cover the pressed crust layer. These bars are very simple to throw together. They taste like s'mores but aren't as messy to eat."
"Delicious! A big hit with the family!"
"I love this recipe, make it at least 6 times a year. I double the recipe and put it in a 10x13 pan, use a 12oz bag of chocolate chips, and enough small marshmallows to cover the chocolate. They turn out awesome, and are always a hit, and most requested."
"I just made this recipe and incorporated many suggestions..... One key to melt the marshmallow creme to make prep easier- was great!! Will always do in future use of recipes using marshmallow creme; truly an awesome tip!! Also used more graham cracker crumbs and much less flour and made a thinner crust. Then after laying crust sprinkled with additional graham cracker crumbs and also a sprinkling at the end. Great recipe, a s'more in a simple bar! Taste is delicious!!"
"Fun treat- microwave the marshmallow creme to make it easier to spread. I used an 11x7 pan instead of a 9x9. Mine baked in exactly 25 mins."
"These bars are absolutely delicious! What a scrumptious treat! I doubled the recipe and baked it in a 13"x9" pan."
"These were tasty cookie bars. My kids absolutely adored them. Great item to take on a picnic."
"I reversed the amounts of graham cracker crumbs and flour, and I used brown sugar and dark chocolate bars. I used a slightly larger pan to make the base a little thinner. I did a little test section of cut marshmallows, but we didn't really like them; the marshmallow cream made a better bar. Yum!"
"These are just really awesome and not hard to make! It has been a great hit at parties or where ever I have taken them!"