- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each)
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping.
- Press remaining mixture into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Place candy bars over crust; spread with marshmallow creme. Crumble remaining graham cracker mixture over top.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for S'more Bars
Sort By :
"I love this recipe, make it at least 6 times a year. I double the recipe and put it in a 10x13 pan, use a 12oz bag of chocolate chips, and enough small marshmallows to cover the chocolate. They turn out awesome, and are always a hit, and most requested."
"I just made this recipe and incorporated many suggestions..... One key to melt the marshmallow creme to make prep easier- was great!! Will always do in future use of recipes using marshmallow creme; truly an awesome tip!! Also used more graham cracker crumbs and much less flour and made a thinner crust. Then after laying crust sprinkled with additional graham cracker crumbs and also a sprinkling at the end. Great recipe, a s'more in a simple bar! Taste is delicious!!"
"Fun treat- microwave the marshmallow creme to make it easier to spread. I used an 11x7 pan instead of a 9x9. Mine baked in exactly 25 mins."
"These bars are absolutely delicious! What a scrumptious treat! I doubled the recipe and baked it in a 13"x9" pan."
"These were tasty cookie bars. My kids absolutely adored them. Great item to take on a picnic."