Once school starts, it can be hard for kids to let go of summer. But these rich, gooey, great-tasting bars will bring back sweet campfire memories—and smiles—whether they're served for dessert or as an after-school snack. —Lisa DiPrima, Wilton, New Hampshire
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each)
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping.
- Press remaining mixture into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Place candy bars over crust; spread with marshmallow creme. Crumble remaining graham cracker mixture over top.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as S'more Bars in Simple & Delicious September/October 2009, p37
Reviews for S'more Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review