Rye Party Puffs Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup rye flour
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- Caraway seeds
- CORNED BEEF FILLING:
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 packages (2 ounces each) thinly sliced deli corned beef, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown or horseradish mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 small pimiento-stuffed olives, chopped
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring water and butter to a boil. Add the flours, parsley, garlic powder and salt all at once; stir until a smooth balls forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat until smooth.
- Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with caraway. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until golden. Remove to wire racks. Immediately cut a slit in each puff to allow steam to escape; cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight filling ingredients. Stir in olives. Split puffs; add filling. Refrigerate. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Rye Party Puffs(19)
Sort By :
I liked the ingredients in this recipe but was pressed for time so I made the filling and it was spread on party rye bread!!! Everyone enjoyed this appetizer and had lots of requests for recipe....
Followed the recipe exactly and got a thumbs up from 5 taste testers. I personally think I would double the corned beef next time.
The puffs are really great. Next time I will try more meat as I thought the filling flavor was a bit bland
if i take these to a party i had better come with plenty of copies of the recipe. only thing i have changed is to go easy on the amount of filling. any leftover goes great on crackers, etc.
Fantastic - I only used one 8 oz cream cheese. I substituted the mustard for Dijon & added 2 oz of extra meat. Wonderful. Can't wait to make it again!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Corned Beef Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Irish Appetizers >
- Irish Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >