- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rye flour
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- Caraway seeds
- CORNED BEEF FILLING:
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 packages (2 ounces each) thinly sliced deli corned beef, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown or horseradish mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 small pimiento-stuffed olives, chopped
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring water and butter to a boil. Add the flours, parsley, garlic powder and salt all at once; stir until a smooth balls forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat until smooth.
- Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with caraway. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until golden. Remove to wire racks. Immediately cut a slit in each puff to allow steam to escape; cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight filling ingredients. Stir in olives. Split puffs; add filling. Refrigerate. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Rye Party Puffs
"these are really good. not the best appetizer i've ever made but good"
"I liked the ingredients in this recipe but was pressed for time so I made the filling and it was spread on party rye bread!!! Everyone enjoyed this appetizer and had lots of requests for recipe...."
"Followed the recipe exactly and got a thumbs up from 5 taste testers. I personally think I would double the corned beef next time."
"The puffs are really great. Next time I will try more meat as I thought the filling flavor was a bit bland"