- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 30 slices snack rye bread
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Spread butter over one side of each slice of bread. Place buttered side up on two baking sheets. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder and pepper until smooth. Stir in the ham, onions, olives, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and parsley. Spread a rounded tablespoonful over each slice of bread; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Rye Ham Bites in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p65
Reviews for Rye Ham Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2011
"This was OK but not great; had a strange taste that my mom asked if I used sauerkraut."