Rye Drop Biscuits
"My husband, Ken, and I like these rich, rugged, melt-in-your mouth biscuits with any meal," says Nancy Zimmerman (right with Ken) from Cape May Court House, New Jersey. "They're so easy to make since you don't have to knead them or cut them out."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup rye flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a small bowl, combine the flours, brown sugar, baking powder,
- parsley and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse
- crumbs. Stir in the egg and milk just until combined.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at
- 400° for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to
- a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 4 biscuits.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 195 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 309 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.