Rye Breadsticks Recipe
I love to experiment with bread recipes. This one is a favorite of my children and grandchildren. The soft, chewy breadsticks are delicious with a casserole or hearty bowl of soup.
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°), divided
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water. Add honey; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining water, whole wheat flour, rye flour and enough all-purpose flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Do not let rise. Divide dough into 16 pieces. Roll each into a 10-in. rope. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 16 breadsticks.
1 each: 112 calories, 1g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Rye Breadsticks
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC