Rye Biscuits Recipe
With a yield of only four biscuits, this recipe from our Test Kitchen delivers fresh-baked goods without a lot of leftovers. The moist and flavorful bites come together in a mere 15 minutes.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup rye flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in egg and cream just until moistened.
- 2. Drop batter into four mounds 2 in. apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown, Immediately remove to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 4 biscuits.
One biscuit equals 148 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 209 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC