- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup rye flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in egg and cream just until moistened.
- Drop batter into four mounds 2 in. apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown, Immediately remove to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 4 biscuits.
Originally published as Rye Biscuits in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p35
Reviews for Rye Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2010
"Delicious!! I make these often."