Ruthe's Favorite Frosting Recipe
This frosting is different then most with its wonderful peanut butter taste. The cocoa also adds an extra layer of flavor. Use it on your favorite layer cake or cupcakes.—Ruthe Stevenson, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- 3 heaping tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 heaping tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 heaping tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 4 tablespoons milk plus additional as needed
- 1. Mix together peanut butter, butter and vanilla. Stir in confectioners' sugar, cocoa and salt. Add milk, stirring until you reach desired spreading consistency. Use on your favorite layer cake or cupcakes. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 tablespoon) equals 133 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 74 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Ruthe's Favorite Frosting
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC