Rutabaga Pie Recipe
- 3 cups diced peeled rutabagas
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook rutabagas and potatoes in boiling salted water just until tender; drain and set aside.
- 2. In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef, onion and celery until meat is browned and vegetables are tender; drain. Add rutabagas, potatoes, steak sauce, salt and pepper.
- 3. Line a 9-in. pie pan with bottom pastry. Fill with rutabaga mixture. Top with remaining pastry; flute edges and cut slits in top.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 35-40 minutes longer or until crust is golden. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 394 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 692mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein
Reviews for Rutabaga Pie
"I keep forgetting how good rutabagas are. This recipes makes a nice filling dinner and doesn't take much fussing. A tossed salad rounds it out."