Rutabaga Pie Recipe
This is a variation of a recipe my mom used to make. I changed a few things so it's easier to prepare. It's a hearty main dish my whole family enjoys.
- 3 cups diced peeled rutabagas
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook rutabagas and potatoes in boiling salted water just until tender; drain and set aside.
- 2. In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef, onion and celery until meat is browned and vegetables are tender; drain. Add rutabagas, potatoes, steak sauce, salt and pepper.
- 3. Line a 9-in. pie pan with bottom pastry. Fill with rutabaga mixture. Top with remaining pastry; flute edges and cut slits in top.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 35-40 minutes longer or until crust is golden. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 394 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 692mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein
Reviews for Rutabaga Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC