Rustic Tuscan Soup with Kale Recipe
Recipe provided by KRAFT®
- 1 loaf Italian bread (18 inch), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup KRAFT® Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 slices OSCAR MAYER® Butcher Thick Cut Hickory Smoked Bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) cannellini beans, rinsed
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) HUNT'S® Diced Tomatoes No Salt Added, undrained
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 6 cups loosely packed chopped kale
- 1. HEAT oven to 400°F.
- 2. SPREAD bread onto baking sheet; drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. cheese and crushed pepper. Bake 10 min.
- 3. MEANWHILE, cook and stir bacon in large saucepan on medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard all but 1 Tbsp. bacon drippings from pan. Add onions to pan; cook and stir 5 min. or until crisp-tender. Return bacon to pan along with the beans, tomatoes, broth and 1/4 cup of the remaining cheese; stir. Simmer on medium-low heat 20 min., stirring occasionally. Add kale; cook 10 min.
- 4. SERVE soup topped with croutons and remaining cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC