- 1 loaf Italian bread (18 inch), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup KRAFT® Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 slices OSCAR MAYER® Butcher Thick Cut Hickory Smoked Bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) cannellini beans, rinsed
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) HUNT'S® Diced Tomatoes No Salt Added, undrained
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 6 cups loosely packed chopped kale
- HEAT oven to 400°F.
- SPREAD bread onto baking sheet; drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. cheese and crushed pepper. Bake 10 min.
- MEANWHILE, cook and stir bacon in large saucepan on medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard all but 1 Tbsp. bacon drippings from pan. Add onions to pan; cook and stir 5 min. or until crisp-tender. Return bacon to pan along with the beans, tomatoes, broth and 1/4 cup of the remaining cheese; stir. Simmer on medium-low heat 20 min., stirring occasionally. Add kale; cook 10 min.
- SERVE soup topped with croutons and remaining cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Rustic Tuscan Soup with Kale in KRAFT® Grated Parmesan 2014
Reviews for Rustic Tuscan Soup with Kale
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 11, 2015
"Made half the recipe. DH said EWWW. "It's my dinner, I said." Skipped the bacon, chopped onion & croutons. I added a small can of mushrooms & onion powder and tried to punch it up with about 1/4 tsp. thyme. Needs salt."