- 7 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 7 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush with oil and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon goat cheese. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Repeat layers, brushing oil all the way to edges.
- Sprinkle onion over top to within 1 in. of edges; sprinkle with fontina cheese. Arrange tomato slices in a slightly overlapping pattern over fontina cheese. Sprinkle with chives, basil, salt and pepper. Bring up edges of tart over filling.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Rustic Tomato Cheese Tart
Sort By :
Made it for my women's club lunchen , they loved it..........and so did I!
I added 1 clove of garlic-minced, used big boy tomatoes- sliced, mozzarella cheese & cream cheese. Absolutely yummy. My favorite new recipe.
This is an excellent recipe - I LOVE it! You can add meat or any other kind of veggies on this, too, to make it your own. Thank you!
Easy and delicious
I made it like the recipe.....You cannot change perfection, and this is perfection!!!!!!!