Rustic Tomato Cheese Tart Recipe
My fresh tomato tart is perfect when you want a taste of summer any time of year. The crust stays nice and crisp and the toppings are bursting with garden-fresh flavor! —Moji Dabney, Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 7 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 7 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush with oil and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon goat cheese. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Repeat layers, brushing oil all the way to edges.
- 2. Sprinkle onion over top to within 1 in. of edges; sprinkle with fontina cheese. Arrange tomato slices in a slightly overlapping pattern over fontina cheese. Sprinkle with chives, basil, salt and pepper. Bring up edges of tart over filling.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece equals 134 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 174 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC