Rustic Tomato Cheese Tart Recipe
- 7 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 7 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush with oil and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon goat cheese. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Repeat layers, brushing oil all the way to edges.
- Sprinkle onion over top to within 1 in. of edges; sprinkle with fontina cheese. Arrange tomato slices in a slightly overlapping pattern over fontina cheese. Sprinkle with chives, basil, salt and pepper. Bring up edges of tart over filling.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Rustic Tomato Cheese Tart(23)
Sort By :
Easy and delicious
I made it like the recipe.....You cannot change perfection, and this is perfection!!!!!!!
Very good! I used a store bought shredded Italian cheese blend instead of fontina, and cream cheese instead of goat cheese. The phyllo part was a little labor intensive, but worth the trouble. Mine was ready after just 20 mins.
I used cream cheese instead of goat cheese and mozzarella instead of fontina, much cheaper and just as good!
This was absolutely amazing! The combination of cheeses with the tomato and spices was incredible. I served it with a roast beef dinner, and it went over so well- there wasn't a drop left over! I would definitely make it again.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baking Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >