Rustic Round Herb Bread Recipe
I've had this bread recipe for at least 10 years. It takes only 10 minutes to stir together. Wedges are marvelous served warm and are great with soup. —Patricia Vatta of Norwood, Ontario
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. In another bowl, whisk the egg, yogurt and milk. Stir into dry ingredients until just moistened.
- 2. Spoon into a 9-in. round baking pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into wedges. Yield: 10 servings.
One wedge equals 185 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 379 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Rustic Round Herb Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC