Rustic Roasted Vegetable Tart Recipe
No one will miss the meat in this appealing tart. The flaky, rustic-style crust holds an assortment of flavorful veggies simply seasoned with garlic and olive oil. It's guaranteed to make an impression. —Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Minced fresh basil, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, 3 tablespoons oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 450° for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and moisture has evaporated, stirring every 10 minutes.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 13-in. circle. Sprinkle cornmeal over a greased 14-in. pizza pan; place pastry on prepared pan. Spoon vegetable mixture over pastry to within 1-1/2 in. of edges. Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered. Brush pastry with remaining oil.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Sprinkle with cheese. Cut into wedges. Garnish with basil if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 wedge equals 219 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 277 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Rustic Roasted Vegetable Tart
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC