- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Minced fresh basil, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, 3 tablespoons oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 450° for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and moisture has evaporated, stirring every 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 13-in. circle. Sprinkle cornmeal over a greased 14-in. pizza pan; place pastry on prepared pan. Spoon vegetable mixture over pastry to within 1-1/2 in. of edges. Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered. Brush pastry with remaining oil.
- Bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Sprinkle with cheese. Cut into wedges. Garnish with basil if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Rustic Roasted Vegetable Tart
"In love with this easy simple recipe! Really pleased with how well it turned out :) I used zuchinni, onion and pepper, and it cut into 8 wedges. Super happy to find a different idea for a veggie side dish!"
"This. Was. Amazing! I'm not big on eggplant, so I used broccoli instead. I also used grape tomatoes instead of plum because that's what I already had. I just cut them in half long-wise. Roasting, this only needed 18 minutes. Also, I had store-made basting oil that had parsley, thyme, and garlic already in it. I used that instead, and added in the required amount of salt and pepper. At the end, I only baked it 17 minutes and that was perfect. I forgot to do the cheese on top and I didn't even miss it. The only not-so-great thing was that it was smaller than I thought it would be! I wanted more!!!"
"New summer favorite!"
"One of my all-time favorites! Very easy and delicious plus you can use any combination of veggies you want."