- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, pumpkin, oil, eggs and water until blended. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until blended. Stir in pecans.
- Pour into two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews for Rustic Pumpkin Bread
Sort By :
"Best pumpkin bread I have ever had! It's my "go to" for future holiday baked goods."
"Absolutely delicious. Made with fresh pumpkin (I roasted my own) . I eliminated the nuts due to allergies but added 1/2 cup of raisins. Next time I'll add a full cup because I like raisins. Otherwise, the recipe is terrific as written. Deeeeeeeeelicious."
"I made this recipe for Christmas and it was great!"
"WOW! This is the BEST pumpkin bread I've ever made. It makes an excellent dessert by itself, or for a special treat, spread some cream cheese on a slice. Pure heaven.Of course I 'tweek' this recipe slightly: 1/2c. canola oil and 1 stick melted butter,a tad more cinnamon and lighter on the cloves, 3 smaller loaf pans rather than 2 large...This bread freezes nicely for longer storage time (IF it makes it that far).It is so moist that it tastes richer than a cake, and the topping really adds to the over-all "party in your mouth".I highly recommend making this bread at anytime of year."
"Great flavor, easy to make and the crunchytopping adds that special touch. This is awinner. Thanks so much for sharing this great recipe."