Rustic Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 3-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, pumpkin, oil, eggs and water until blended. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until blended. Stir in pecans.
- Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews for Rustic Pumpkin Bread(8)
Sort By :
Best pumpkin bread I have ever had! It's my "go to" for future holiday baked goods.
Absolutely delicious. Made with fresh pumpkin (I roasted my own) . I eliminated the nuts due to allergies but added 1/2 cup of raisins. Next time I'll add a full cup because I like raisins. Otherwise, the recipe is terrific as written. Deeeeeeeeelicious.
I made this recipe for Christmas and it was great!
WOW! This is the BEST pumpkin bread I've ever made. It makes an excellent dessert by itself, or for a special treat, spread some cream cheese on a slice. Pure heaven.
Of course I 'tweek' this recipe slightly: 1/2c. canola oil and 1 stick melted butter,
a tad more cinnamon and lighter on the cloves, 3 smaller loaf pans rather than 2 large...
This bread freezes nicely for longer storage time (IF it makes it that far).
It is so moist that it tastes richer than a cake, and the topping really adds to the over-all "party in your mouth".
I highly recommend making this bread at anytime of year.
Great flavor, easy to make and the crunchy
topping adds that special touch. This is a
winner. Thanks so much for sharing this great recipe.