- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, pumpkin, oil, eggs and water until blended. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until blended. Stir in pecans.
- Pour into two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews for Rustic Pumpkin Bread
Sort By :
"Perfect anytime of year, great taste....will be baking several for Thanksgiving"
"This is very tasty and moist. My family loved the flavor. I would recommend not slicing it until placing in plastic wrap overnight to soften the topping."
"Best pumpkin bread I have ever had! It's my "go to" for future holiday baked goods."
"Absolutely delicious. Made with fresh pumpkin (I roasted my own) . I eliminated the nuts due to allergies but added 1/2 cup of raisins. Next time I'll add a full cup because I like raisins. Otherwise, the recipe is terrific as written. Deeeeeeeeelicious."
"I made this recipe for Christmas and it was great!"