- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup dried blueberries or raisins
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk, divided
- Coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in oats and blueberries. In another bowl, whisk yogurt and 1 tablespoon milk until blended; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 10 times. Divide dough in half; pat each into a 7-in. circle. Cut each into eight wedges. Place wedges on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush tops with remaining milk. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 16 scones
Originally published as Rustic Oatmeal Scones in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2016, p208
Reviews for Rustic Oatmeal Scones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review