Rustic Nut Bars Recipe
- 1 tablespoon plus 3/4 cup cold butter, divided
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1 cup pistachios
- 1 cup salted roasted almonds
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil, letting ends extend over sides by 1 inch. Grease foil with 1 tablespoon butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in remaining butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in egg until blended (mixture will be dry). Press firmly onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine honey, brown sugar and salt; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently to dissolve sugar. Boil 2 minutes, without stirring. Stir in butter and cream; return to a boil. Cook and stir 1 minute or until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in nuts. Spread over crust.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until topping is bubbly. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Lifting with foil, remove from pan. Discard foil; cut into bars. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Rustic Nut Bars(10)
Sort By :
Very yummy! Would definitely make again!
I loved these bars! My base was a little dry but I don't think I cut the butter in small enough or mixed as well as I should have. I used a macadamia nut, almond, and cashew mix then added shelled pistachios. I didn't have the whipping cream on hand so used evaporated milk and it turned out fine. The sweet and salty combination was a winner and I will surely make these again!
So nummy! My husband said, "Those are addicting!" I use mixed nuts & pistachios.
This is a winner, winner, winner. Great flavors. Everyone went crazy over these !!!!!!
I made them with canned mixed deluxe nuts without peanuts. Found them to be very good. The group I took them to really enjoyed them. I directed them to the new TOH magazine. I know one of them has already sent in her subscription.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Bar Recipes >
- Cashew Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Hazelnut Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pistachio Recipes >