Rustic Mashed Turnips Recipe
My husband is a big fan of turnips, so I created this recipe just for him. It has more texture than typical mashed potatoes.
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1. Place turnip, carrots and potato in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain.
- 2. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the butter, sour cream, sugar, salt and pepper; mash. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 213 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 458mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Rustic Mashed Turnips
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC