- 1 medium turnip, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Place turnip, carrots and potato in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add the butter, sour cream, sugar, salt and pepper; mash. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Rustic Mashed Turnips in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2004 , p126
Reviews for Rustic Mashed Turnips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review