Rustic Italian Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 3 Italian turkey sausage links (4 ounces each), casings removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2-1/4 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Crumble sausage into a Dutch oven; add onion. Cook and stir over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, water and tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Add tortellini; return to a boil. Cook for 7-9 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; add the spinach, basil, pepper and pepper flakes. Cook 2-3 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted. Serve with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Rustic Italian Tortellini Soup(75)
Sort By :
I have made this soup several times and we enjoy it more each time! I use bulk Italian sausage instead which saves time. It is so easy to make and perfect on a cold night with crusty Italian bread!!! I also add mushrooms, and red and green peppers on top of everything it already calls for and it's always amazing!!!
Used Johnsonville hot Italian sausage and closer to 9 oz. spinach. All three of my kids said they'd have liked it to have had more tortellini. Overall, very good though.
Easy and tasty
Every one in family absolutely loves it!
More Recipe Collections
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >
- Spinach Recipes >
- Tomato Recipes >
- Tomato Soup Recipes >