Rustic Italian Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 3 Italian turkey sausage links (4 ounces each), casings removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2-1/4 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Crumble sausage into a Dutch oven; add onion. Cook and stir over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, water and tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Add tortellini; return to a boil. Cook for 7-9 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; add the spinach, basil, pepper and pepper flakes. Cook 2-3 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted. Serve with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Rustic Italian Tortellini Soup(95)
Sort By :
Hot italian sausage is the way 2 go and the soup pot was empty. A definate keeper!
Great recipe! Fast and delicious. My 6 year old loves it and he is a tough critic. Btw I used both sweet and spicy sausage.
Made it with hot Italian sausage. Loved it! It was very tasty and colorful. Was as good or better than soups served in restaurants.
didn't like it
This is the best, easiest soup I've ever made. No changes are necessary.
More Recipe Collections
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >
- Spinach Recipes >
- Tomato Recipes >
- Tomato Soup Recipes >