Rustic Garden Herb Biscuits Recipe
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- ROSEMARY BUTTER:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- Dash minced fresh rosemary
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk the first 11 ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese. Add buttermilk and peppers; stir just until moistened.
- 2. Drop mixture by 1/3 cupfuls into greased muffin cups. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients until blended. Serve warm biscuits with rosemary butter. Yield: 12 biscuits (1/4 cup rosemary butter).
1 biscuit with 1 teaspoon butter: 377 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 599mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Rustic Garden Herb Biscuits
"Delicious! The fact that these biscuits are so easy to whip up and are so tasty is a very dangerous combination! I used dry herbs, only using half of what it calls for fresh. This is definitely my go to roll recipe from now on!"