- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- ROSEMARY BUTTER:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- Dash minced fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk the first 11 ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese. Add buttermilk and peppers; stir just until moistened.
- Drop mixture by 1/3 cupfuls into greased muffin cups. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients until blended. Serve warm biscuits with rosemary butter. Yield: 12 biscuits (1/4 cup rosemary butter).
Reviews for Rustic Garden Herb Biscuits
"Delicious! The fact that these biscuits are so easy to whip up and are so tasty is a very dangerous combination! I used dry herbs, only using half of what it calls for fresh. This is definitely my go to roll recipe from now on!"
"This is just the right compliment to a grilled dinner.. I served them w london broil & a salad & it kicked the meal up a notch! I used dry herbs,can't wait for fresh...nothing more comforting than a warm biscuit..the rosemary butter really adds to the mix!"