The rosemary butter takes warm biscuits to another level. I use herbs from the garden but dried work, too. —Michelle Gauer, Spicer, Minnesota
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- ROSEMARY BUTTER:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- Dash minced fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk the first 11 ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese. Add buttermilk and peppers; stir just until moistened.
- Drop mixture by 1/3 cupfuls into greased muffin cups. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients until blended. Serve warm biscuits with rosemary butter. Yield: 12 biscuits (1/4 cup rosemary butter).
Originally published as Rustic Garden Herb Biscuits in Taste of Home June/July 2014
Reviews for Rustic Garden Herb Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review