Rustic Fruit Tart Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup diced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Add oil and milk, tossing with a fork until mixture forms a ball. Shape dough into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. In another bowl, combine the rhubarb, raspberries, sugar and tapioca; let stand for 15 minutes. Unwrap dough and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover with waxed paper and roll the dough into an 11-in. circle. Discard waxed paper.
- 3. Spoon fruit mixture into the center of dough to within 2 in. of the edges. Fold edges of dough over fruit, leaving center uncovered. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Remove to a wire rack. Combine the glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over warm tart. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 tart equals 843 calories, 29 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 602 mg sodium, 141 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.