Rustic Fig, Onion & Pear Tart Recipe
- 3 large sweet onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup fig preserves
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- In a large skillet, saute onions and pears in oil and butter until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Add the preserves, vinegar and salt. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly.
- Place half of onion mixture in a food processor; cover and process until pureed. Set remaining onion mixture aside.
- Place pie pastry on a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Spoon pureed onion mixture over the pastry to within 2 in. of edges; sprinkle with pepper. Top with reserved onion mixture. Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered. Brush edges of tart with egg.
- Bake at 450° for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Rustic Fig, Onion & Pear Tart(4)
Sort By :
It was alright. I only added one onion when it called for 3. Still everyone who tasted it said it would have been delicious without the onion.
I really enjoyed this tart, I served it at a brunch and everyone seemed to like it. Yes, I will make it again.
Has a very interesting flavor. Everyone loved it. I substituted puff pastry for the pie crust and it worked well.
This was one of the biggest wastes of expensive fig jam I've ever seen. Truly horrible flavor-I just threw away the entire pie. Save your money.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Fruit Tart Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Appetizers >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >