- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, mix marmalade, sugar and flour; stir in cranberries.
- Unroll one pastry sheet onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Spoon half of the cranberry mixture over pastry to within 2 in. of edge. Fold pastry edge over filling, pleating as you go and leaving a 5-in. opening in the center. Brush folded pastry with egg white; sprinkle with half of the coarse sugar.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Transfer tarts to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 tarts (6 servings each).
Reviews for Rustic Cranberry Tarts
"These tarts are beautiful! Not only did they turn out picture perfect, they were easy to put together and delicious. Note that until the tarts are completely cool they are fragile to handle. Made according to directions and I wouldn't change a thing. As a volunteer field editor for Taste of Home magazine I enjoy recipes that are easy to put together but look and taste extraordinary!"
"Very easy and delicious! My coworkers loved it!"
"I made these for Christmas Eve, and even people who profess to not like cranberries, liked this! Super easy, quick and very good! Will definitely be repeating this recipe!"