- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 6-1/2 teaspoons cold water
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add water and vanilla, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 10-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Combine the filling ingredients; spoon over pastry to within 2 in. of edges. Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Using parchment paper, slide tart onto a wire rack. Drizzle with caramel topping. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Rustic Caramel Apple Tart
"Used pie crust I had made. Was delicious with caramel sauce."
"Love this recipe. Easy and yummy."
"This was so easy and delicious!! Very quick to make and looks like you spent all day on it. Love the caramel drizzled over the top. Not only tasty but pretty!"
"This recipe is so easy to make. Be sure to flour your countertop well before rolling out the dough. I used Jonathen Apples, next time I will use more tart ones like Granny Smith, for more flavor. I served this with Vanilla Icecream, topped with a drizzle of Caramel Sauce."
"Sooo easy (I cheated & used canned pie filling & prepared crust) and absolutely delicious. I omitted the toppings and just put the filling in the crust then folded the sides over the apples. Prep time was about 5 minutes. I liked it better than the pecan pie I made to serve as an alternative."