Rustic Autumn Soup Recipe
- 5 medium parsnips, chopped
- 5 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- Optional garnish: additional cooked finely chopped carrots, parsnips and/or apples, fresh chives
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first 14 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Discard bay leaves. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Return all to the pan; add cream and heat through. Garnish with additional cooked vegetables and/or apples and chives. Yield: 13 servings (3-1/4 quarts).
Reviews for Rustic Autumn Soup(9)
Sort By :
i made this again and added 1 tsp of curry paste awesome gave it more flavour
this was so easy to make and the taste was great and such a healthy soup i would make it over and over again
We liked this although we usually eat spicier.
My entire family loves this soup. It's so easy and delicious! I save time by using my food processor to slice the veggies. Then they don't have to cook as long, and the food processor is out when it's time to puree the soup. It is just as tasty without the half and half.
Very good with a lot of flavor. Everyone enjoyed it even those who are not fans of soup and picky eaters. I will make this again soon.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Bisque Soup Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >