Rustic Autumn Fruit Tart Recipe
This impressive dessert is a hit at my house. It's fast, easy and delicious! An apricot jam glaze lends a pretty sheen to the buttery pastry that envelopes tender apple and pear slices. —Jennifer Richards, Pine Beach, New Jersey
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min. + cooling YIELD:6 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium pear, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apricot jam, warmed
- 1. In a small bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add flour, beating just until mixture forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine apples and pear. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and spices; stir in orange juice until smooth. Stir in brown sugar until blended. Add to apple mixture and stir gently to coat.
- 3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into a 14-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Spoon filling over the pastry to within 2 in. of edges. Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered.
- 4. Bake 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Spread with apricot jam. Using parchment paper, slide tart onto a wire rack to cool. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice equals 483 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 180 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC