Rustic Autumn Fruit Tart Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium pear, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apricot jam, warmed
- In a small bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add flour, beating just until mixture forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine apples and pear. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and spices; stir in orange juice until smooth. Stir in brown sugar until blended. Add to apple mixture and stir gently to coat.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into a 14-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Spoon filling over the pastry to within 2 in. of edges. Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Spread with apricot jam. Using parchment paper, slide tart onto a wire rack to cool. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Rustic Autumn Fruit Tart
Sort By :
mmmm nice change
Very easy! Every time I make this my guests just rave about it. The crust is perfect and cardamom is a nice change of pace. I usually pop it back in the oven for a couple minutes after spreading with the jam. It caramelizes and looks prettier, I think.
This tart is very easy to make and delicious when eaten. My family loves it and we will be making it many more times.
We loved this so much last Fall I looked and looked and looked for the issue it was in and then realized all I had to do was go to the website! This tart screams Fall and being a WI transplant in the SF Bay area it brings a feeling of Fall I have missed the last several years. It's delicious!
This is a great crust, very flaky. I had trouble with the crust leaking the cinnamon mixture was mostly on the parchment surrounding the tart. Any suggestions?
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Pie >
- Apple Pie Recipes >
- Apple Pie Recipes with Fresh Apples >
- Apple Recipes >
- Apple Tart >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Tart Recipes >
- Pie Baking >
- Pie Recipes >