- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium pear, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apricot jam, warmed
- In a small bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add flour, beating just until mixture forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine apples and pear. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and spices; stir in orange juice until smooth. Stir in brown sugar until blended. Add to apple mixture and stir gently to coat.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into a 14-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Spoon filling over the pastry to within 2 in. of edges. Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Spread with apricot jam. Using parchment paper, slide tart onto a wire rack to cool. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Rustic Autumn Fruit Tart
Sort By :
"mmmm nice change"
"Very easy! Every time I make this my guests just rave about it. The crust is perfect and cardamom is a nice change of pace. I usually pop it back in the oven for a couple minutes after spreading with the jam. It caramelizes and looks prettier, I think."
"This tart is very easy to make and delicious when eaten. My family loves it and we will be making it many more times."
"This is a great crust, very flaky. I had trouble with the crust leaking the cinnamon mixture was mostly on the parchment surrounding the tart. Any suggestions?"