Rustic Apricot Tart Recipe
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) reduced-sugar apricot halves, drained
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar, cornstarch and pumpkin pie spice. Add apricots and toss to coat.
- 2. Place pastry on a parchment paper-lined 12-in. pizza pan. Brush with egg white to within 1-1/2 in. of edges. Spoon apricot mixture over egg white; sprinkle with almonds. Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered. Brush folded pastry with milk; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Use parchment paper to slide tart onto a wire rack to cool. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 278 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Rustic Apricot Tart
"This is a great recipe. Very easy, works up in nothing flat. Great last minute dessert, but pretty enough for company. I've made it quite often, sometimes substituting different fruits - it is always good!"
"Flavor of Apricot pie without the fuss. I dotted with a bit of butter for extra richness. Very good."