Rustic Apricot Tart Recipe
Apricots and pumpkin pie spices come together in this truly special tart from our Test Kitchen. Cold vanilla ice cream makes a perfect companion to the soft, warm apricots. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling YIELD:6 servings
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) reduced-sugar apricot halves, drained
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar, cornstarch and pumpkin pie spice. Add apricots and toss to coat.
- 2. Place pastry on a parchment paper-lined 12-in. pizza pan. Brush with egg white to within 1-1/2 in. of edges. Spoon apricot mixture over egg white; sprinkle with almonds. Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered. Brush folded pastry with milk; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Use parchment paper to slide tart onto a wire rack to cool. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece equals 278 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 151 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC