Apricots and pumpkin pie spices come together in this truly special tart from our Test Kitchen. Cold vanilla ice cream makes a perfect companion to the soft, warm apricots. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) reduced-sugar apricot halves, drained
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar, cornstarch and pumpkin pie spice. Add apricots and toss to coat.
- Place pastry on a parchment paper-lined 12-in. pizza pan. Brush with egg white to within 1-1/2 in. of edges. Spoon apricot mixture over egg white; sprinkle with almonds. Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered. Brush folded pastry with milk; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Use parchment paper to slide tart onto a wire rack to cool. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Rustic Apricot Tart in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p51
Reviews for Rustic Apricot Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review