Rustic Apple Raspberry Tart Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2-1/2 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Coarse decorating sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Gradually add egg yolk and water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms. Shape into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry into a 14-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined 14-in. pizza pan.
- 3. For filling, combine apples and raspberries in a large bowl. Combine the sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Add to the fruit; toss gently to coat. Spoon over pastry to within 2 in. of edges. Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered.
- 4. Brush folded pastry with milk; sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Using parchment paper, slide tart onto wire rack to cool. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Rustic Apple Raspberry Tart
"Super easy, tasty and pretty. I used a pie crust I had already made. Very good!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.