Rustic Apple Raspberry Tart Recipe
This free-form tart requires no pie plate. Just roll out the dough and place on a pizza pan or baking sheet. Place the filling in center of dough and fold up the edge of the pastry to hold in the fruit and juices.— Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2-1/2 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Coarse decorating sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Gradually add egg yolk and water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms. Shape into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry into a 14-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined 14-in. pizza pan.
- 3. For filling, combine apples and raspberries in a large bowl. Combine the sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Add to the fruit; toss gently to coat. Spoon over pastry to within 2 in. of edges. Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered.
- 4. Brush folded pastry with milk; sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Using parchment paper, slide tart onto wire rack to cool. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Rustic Apple Raspberry Tart
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC