Russian Tea Cakes Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in nuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes. Roll in confectioners' sugar while still warm. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Russian Tea Cakes
"Love this recipe, super easy to make and taste great. I made them with pecans and my husband liked them so much I've made them 3 times this holiday season. They're the perfect size to pop in your mouth when you're craving a quick sweet treat. I'll be making these every year."
"I'm sorry but these were so dry and no flavor. Maybe adding more than 1tsp of vanilla or using almond abstract instead would boost the flavor? Any ideas?"
"Cookie fell apart. Very disappointing."
"Best Russian Teacakes I've ever made and believe me I have tried a lot of recipes! Just like my mother used to make."
"I love these cookies. They were a hit at my cookie exchange. Thanks."
"Excellent cookie. I added chopped pecans and shaped them into crescents to distiguish them from Mexican Wedding Cakes. A wonderful addition to my Christmas recipe box."