Russian Tea Cakes
I like to present my favorite holiday cookies in a special way. I pile these fresh-baked tea cakes on pretty plates that I buy throughout the year, then wrap them with colored cellophane to give friends.Valerie Hudson, Mason City, Iowa
21 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed
- mixture. Stir in nuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes. Roll in confectioners' sugar
- while still warm. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.